City of Chicopee Tax-ADE Program
- Disabled & Low Income Senior Citizens
- Exemption Amount Not to Exceed $500
The City of Chicopee has accepted the provisions of Massachusetts General Law Chapter 60, Section 3D
to establish aid to the elderly and disabled through a taxation fund to be used for the purpose of defraying the real estate taxes of low income elderly and disabled citizens. The provisions of this program are administered by the Tax Aid to Disabled and Elderly Committee
- Applications will be available in the Assessors' Office when the first tax bill of the fiscal year is mailed (the fall tax bill). The completed application is due 30 days after the tax bill is mailed.
- Contact the Assessor's Office for income and asset limits as they are subject to change annually.
- Must be 62 years of age and older or must receive Social Security disability income and /or other disability income.
- Must have owned and occupied the property as your primary domicile as of July 1 of the tax year and must have owned and occupied property in Chicopee as your domicile for the preceding 10 years.
- The program is funded through voluntary contributions of taxpayers.
- The Tax-ADE award is limited by the funds available. Maximum award not to exceed $500.