Registration & Parent Information
- All program registrations are done in person on a first-come, first paid basis. No mail/phone in registrations will be accepted.
- If paying by check, all checks must be made to the order of the City of Chicopee with a telephone number on the check and OPEE Summer Adventures listed in the memo.
- All returned checks will be assessed a $25 service fee.
- A 50% deposit of the total balance is due at the time of registration. All sessions must be paid in full by Friday, May 26. Failure to pay in full by this date will result in the application being removed from the program.
- Once the program begins and a cancellation occurs due to sickness/injury (with doctors note) a full refund will be submitted. All other cancellations from Friday, May 5 and on - other than illness/sickness - will result in a $25 cancellation fee (per session).
Important Parent Information
- In addition to filling out the 2017 registration form at the office, parents are required to turn in a completed Chicopee Parks Department medical or similar doctor's form prior to the child's starting of the program.
- Falsification of information (i.e age/date of birth, residency) on the registration form will result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- Groups during the summer are formed by age. If you have any requests, it must be noted on the child's registration form. Please note that these are requests and all of them may not be fulfilled based on our numbers. No changes will be made to groups during the summer. No requests for children that are not of the same age.
- If an emergency arises and you need to contact your child during the program's hours, please contact the Parks Department at 413-594-3481 and we will relay any messages.
- Participants must wear sneakers and socks daily. All children will receive an OPEE t-shirt, which must be worn on the day of field trips. On appropriate days, each child should also bring the following with them to the program:
- Lunches, beverages, and snacks will be provided on a daily basis. Refrigeration facilities are available for those children who prefer to bring their own lunch and/or snack.
- Please ensure that your child does not bring valuables to the program, such as:
- Cell phones
- Game systems
- Personal items
8. Pictures or videos taken while at OPEE Summer Adventures may be used
for future brochures, slide shows, and/or newspaper publicity unless advised
For further information on the program please contact Dan Woodill, Recreation Supervisor, at 594-3481, extension 105.