Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
It is important to license your dog for a few reasons;
* After April 30th, if not licensed, late fees begin to accumulate.
* Without a license your dog could end up in the pound!
* It’s the Law. If we are not in receipt of a rabies vaccination for your animal it is a violation of MGL Chapter 140, Section 137 registration and licenses. This means a complaint can be filed against those not in compliance in Chicopee District Court.
* If your dog is lost, a license can help get your pooch home!
To license your new puppy/dog through the mail, please use this
Show All Answers
2) By mailing a completed certificate of application, with a check or money order for $10.00 per certified copy requested, and a stamped, self-addressed, business-sized envelope to the City Clerk’s Office, 17 Springfield Street, Chicopee, MA 01013.
Public Record Disclosure: Except for vital records that are restricted by law, vital records are a public record in Massachusetts.
By mailing in the appropriate completed applications
In order to file a business certificate with the City of Chicopee, you first must check with the Building Department to see if your location needs a certificate of occupancy or if the certificate of occupancy needs to be updated. The number you can reach them at is 413-594-1440.Business certificates are valid for four years from the date of issuance, and there is a filing fee of $25.00. The business certificate should be posted in the place of business and be furnished upon request by any person who has purchased goods or services from such business.You must modify your existing certificate of any business changes or file a Discontinuance form with the City Clerk if your business ceases to operate, please contact the City Clerk’s Office for the procedure.
This ordinance is available on our website or a paper copy is available in the City Clerk’s Office; if you would like to review Chapter 244 Tag Sales/Yard Sales ordinance online please click here.