The Department of Public Works (DPW) responsibilities are carried out through the following divisions:
- Administrative Division consists of all managerial, business, and clerical functions of the DPW.
- Engineering Department is responsible for all engineering services required by the City.
- Public Services Division handles all highway, forestry, sanitation, recycling, landfill drop-off activities, and hazardous waste drop-off services provided to Chicopee residents. HAZARDOUS WASTE SIGNUP FORM AVAILABLE ON 9/7/23.
- Parks and Recreation Division administers all parks and cemetery maintenance including athletic field upkeep.
- Public Utilities Division handles water pollution control, stormwater, and flood control activity.
- Central Maintenance Division is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the City's fleet of heavy equipment, trucks, cars, and small equipment/tools.
CLICK HERE for Information on the Water Department's Meter Modernization Program!
Duties & Responsibilities
The Chicopee Department of Public Works preserves, maintains, and improves the City's infrastructure including:
- Storm drains
- Traffic signals