License Commission


On Sunday, March 15, 2020, Governor Charlie Baker issued an Order Prohibiting the Gathering of More Than 25 People and On-Premises Consumption of Food or Drink, barring all on-premises consumption of food and drink in Massachusetts in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The text of the Governor’s Order can be found HERE. Effective beginning at 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all on-premises consumption licensees are prohibited from selling alcohol to the public until 11:59 p.m. on May 18, 2020. This includes restaurants, bars, hotels, general-on-premises, clubs, war veterans’ clubs, continuing care retirement communities, pub-brewers (M.G.L. c. 138, §§ 12 and 19D), farmer-series pouring permits, and manufacturer’s pouring permits (M.G.L. c. 138, §§ 19(b), 19B(n), 19C(n), and 19E(o)). These establishments are also prohibited from serving any food or drinks for on-premises consumption; only takeout and delivery of food is permitted. Please note that this Advisory does not apply to licenses for off-premises consumption, including grocery stores, pharmacies, package stores, direct wine shippers, and farmer-series licensees (M.G.L. c. 138, §§ 15, 19B(g)(2), 19C(g)(7), 19E(g)(7), and 19F). As always, all licensees must ensure that they comply with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and that sales of alcoholic beverages take place only as authorized by federal, state, and local law. All questions should be directed to Ralph Sacramone,, 617-727-3040 ext 731. -(Issued March 15, 2020)

  2021 Renewals are due by November 30, 2020 

The Chicopee License Commission is the licensing and enforcement agent for licensing of:
  • Automatic amusements
  • Entertainment
  • Food service
  • Liquor
  • Lodging House and Innholders
It is responsible for the issuing of licenses and enforcing the rules, regulations, local ordinances and state laws pertaining to the above mentioned licenses. The Chicopee Police Department is the authorized agent of the License Commission.


Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of every month but are subject to change.

All applications must be received by  11:00 AM on the Friday before the scheduled meeting.

Licenses run on a calendar year. Renewal notices are sent out November 1 and must be returned by November 30.

Liquor Licenses

Types of Liquor Licenses

  • 1-Day Permits
  • Club
  • General on Premise
  • Innholder
  • Package Store
  • Restaurant

All applications are available in the License Commission office.

Once a Liquor License application is completed, it must be approved by the local board and then submitted to the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC). The ABCC can take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks depending on the tax status of the applicant and seller.

Update to Server Training Requirements as of December 18, 2014

          Renewal of TIPS certification must be a classroom course  

         All employees must have Training and Intervention Procedures for  Servers of alcohol (TIPS) card on their person while working