The Transportation Department at RiverMills Center is doing rides to supermarkets, pharmacies, and doctor’s appointments. Transportation hours of operation are now Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 3 PM. Transportation can be reached at 536-5733.
• Rides are available for: medical/dental, shopping, pharmacy, banking and anywhere in Chicopee.
• All rides require a reservation. Rides must be requested at least 3 to 5 business days prior to your appointment.
• If no one answers the Transportation phone, please leave a voice message and someone will call you back as soon as possible, and no later than the next business day.
The following information is required to make a medical/dental appointment:
• Your name, phone number, and address
• Date and time of your appointment
• Doctor’s name, phone number, and complete street address
• Rides outside of Chicopee are to a limited area, primarily to medical offices at:
o Baystate Medical Center and the Main St. Springfield physician office buildings
o Mercy Hospital and physician offices
o Holyoke Medical Center and physician offices
o Parts of Riverdale St. West Springfield
o Raymond Center in South Hadley
o Inform us if you need a wheelchair van
The Chicopee Council on Aging receives Federal Older Americans Act Funding from local Area Agency on Aging, West Mass Elder Care, the State Executive Office of Elder Affairs, and the Federal Administration for Community Living.