Rivermills Transportation Services
Transportation Office Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. The last ride of the day is 3:15 p.m. Transportation may be reached at 536-5733. Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer driver should call 534-3698 ext.103.
· Rides within Chicopee are available for: medical, dental, physical therapy, pharmacy, banking, shopping, and trips to River Mills Senior Center. Please inform the transportation coordinator if you require a wheelchair van.
· All rides require a reservation. Rides must be requested at least 5 business days or 7 calendar days prior to your appointment. Please understand there is a 15-minute window before and after the pick-up and drop-off times.
· If no one answers the Transportation Department phone, please leave a voice message and someone will call you back as soon as possible, and no later than the next business day. In the voice message please include name, telephone number and a brief description of what is needed.
The following information is required to make a medical/dental appointment:
· Your name, phone number, and address.
· Date and time of your appointment.
· Doctor’s name, phone number, and complete street address.
Medical trips are through a grant from Westmass Elder Care. Those receiving a ride to a doctor's office have the opportunity to make a confidential, voluntary donation for this service.
Rides outside of Chicopee are to limited locations, primarily to medical offices at:
·Baystate Medical Center and Main St. Springfield physician office buildings
· Mercy Hospital and physician offices
· Holyoke Medical Center and physician offices
· Parts of Riverdale St. in West Springfield
· Raymond Center in South Hadley
Shopping Trips are funded in part by a Title III/Older Americans Act grant from WestMass ElderCare, with support from the Mass. Executive Office of Elder Affairs and the Federal Administration for Community Living. There is no charge for this service, but participants are welcome to make a voluntary, confidential donation for a shopping ride.
Round Trip Transportation Fees for Medical and other Appointments (non-shopping trips)
$1- Chicopee Senior Center
$4- Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke and South Hadley
The Chicopee Council on Aging receives Federal Older Americans Act Funding from local Area Agency on Aging, West Mass Elder Care, the State Executive Office of Elder Affairs, and the Federal Administration for Community Living.
The Transportation Department continues to offer van trips to grocery and other stores on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Appointments can be made to go to: Big Y, Stop & Shop, Price Rite, Job Lot, Walmart or ask us about another store you may want a ride to.
Passengers are limited to carrying a total of four bags each on these shopping trips. This service is through a grant from WestMass Elder Care. Shopping trip participants have the opportunity to make a confidential voluntary donation.
As always, you must book a trip at least a week in advance by calling 536-5733.
Please understand there is a 15– minute window for pick up and drop off times.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer driver should call the Transportation office for details.