The Chicopee Health Department is a human service and regulatory agency that administers a variety of public health programs and activities. We assess the health status of our community and develop policies and plans to meet identified public health needs. Our responsibility includes assuring compliance with Public Health Laws and the Health Codes of Chicopee and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Working with many other community partners, our department assures the delivery of essential services to:
- Prevent communicable and chronic diseases, injuries, and disabilities;
- Protect against environmental hazards that threaten health and safety; and
- Promote the health and development of infants and children and the wellness of our citizens and our communities.
- Prepare for health problems by planning for a public health emergency.
- Road kill pick-up
- Seasonal Influenza Clinics
- Tuberculosis testing, by appointment
- Immunizations, by appointment
- Food-borne illness complaint response
- Tenant lead determination, by appointment
Copies of Health Department ordinances are available upon request.
15 Court Street
Lisa A. Sanders